Brent Coon & Associates fights for the protection of people and their property. Environmental toxins can cause serious diseases. Many times this is associated with corporate pollution.
Brent Coon & Associates has a nationwide team to help protect you. We practice the following kinds of environmental litigation:
- Soil and Water Contamination: Soil contamination can occur when streams or other bodies of water are contaminated with heavy metals or chemicals. When there's flooding, the chemicals contaminate the soil which can make the property owners very sick. Ground water contamination most often occurs from well-usage. Chemicals are released into the water, contaminating the ground aquifers which then infiltrates well water sources.
- Chemical Exposure: You can be exposed to hazardous chemicals in the environment around your home, especially if it has seeped into the soil or water. Chemical exposure can cause severe brain, lung and blood diseases.
- MTBE: MTBE (methyl tertiary-butyl ether) is a chemical compound that is manufactured through the chemical reaction of methanol and isobutylene, mostly used as a fuel additive in motor gasoline. It can be found in polluted drinking water and causes kidney damage.
- Vinyl Chloride: Vinyl chloride is a colorless, flammable gas used to make polyvinyl chloride products and as a component of aerosol propellants. Long exposure can cause liver damage and liver cancer.
- PCBs: Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) are a mixture of individual chemicals which are no longer produced in the United States, but are still found in the environment. Exposure can occur by breathing contaminated air or eating foods that have been contaminated. PCB exposure can cause immune system problems.
- Dioxins: Dioxins are a family of 75 chemically related compounds commonly known as chlorinated dioxins. They are among the most toxic chemicals known to scientists. Exposure can cause cancer, reproductive and developmental disorders, hormone problems and damage the immune system.
If you or a loved one has been affected because of environmental pollutants, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact the attorneys at Brent Coon & Associates to discuss if you have an environmental litigation claim.